Till next time,
So here we go, 8 interesting (or at least little-known) bits about me:
1) I can do a near-perfect impression of Paris Hilton's voice.
2) I HATE chocolate strawberries. I love strawberries, and I like chocolate well enough, but put the two together and the texture drives me nuts. I will, however, eat strawberries dipped in chocolate that hasn't hardened yet.
3) I'm extremely sensitive about my hair being referred to as "black." It's actually a very dark brown, and still has pretty, natural highlights. I prefer for my hair to be called "dark brown," or simply, "dark."
4) Related to #2, my like or dislike of foods generally has more to do with texture than actual taste. If the texture of the food doesn't feel right in my mouth, I won't like the food, even if it is a taste I would otherwise enjoy.
5) I often find myself wishing it were socially acceptable in the United States for American women to wear ethnic clothing, such as qipao, cholis or salwar kameez with dupatta. Because I totally would.
6) I firmly believe you must be born in Texas in order to be a Texan. Once born in Texas, you'll always be a Texan, no matter where you live. I don't, however, believe that you have to be born in Florida to be a Floridian; therefore, I consider myself both a Texan and a Floridian.
7) I once lived in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The only Portuguese I learned while I was there was, "Não falo português." I'll leave it to your imagination as to what that means.
8) My favorite animals are giraffes. I feel that giraffes are totally underrated! There seems to be a total lack of giraffe-oriented items on the market other than safari-esque statues, etc. I'd love to find some giraffe print fabric so I could make a dress out of it! If I ever have a baby, the nursery is totally going to have a giraffe theme. So cool.
Well, that's it for me I guess! I tag Skinny Rabbit, Tara, Marce, Saun, Sarah, Tanya, Lara and Vickie Howell. (Come on, it was worth a shot!) Tag 8 more people when you post yours....
Till next time,
"Down South" means Key West.
Flip-flops are everyday wear.
Shoes are for business meetings and church.
No, wait, flip flops are good for church too, unless it's Easter or Christmas.
Sweet tea can be served at any meal.
An alligator once walked through your neighborhood.
You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt.
You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls.
All the local festivals are named after a fruit. (except the Zellwood Sweet Corn Festival!)
A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea level.
You think everyone from a bigger city has a northern accent.
You know the four seasons really are: almost summer, summer, not summer but really hot, and Christmas.
Anything under 95 is just warm.
Anything under 70 is chilly.
You've hosted a hurricane party.
You go to a theme park for an afternoon, and know when to get on the best rides.
You pass on the right and honk at the elderly.
You understand the futility of exterminating cockroaches.
You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee, Withlacoochee, Okahumpka and Loxahatchee.
You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat, than have a boat yourself.
Bumper stickers on the pickup in front of you include: various fish, NRA, and a confederate flag.
You were 12 when you first met someone who couldn't swim.
You've worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas.
You know what the "stingray shuffle" is, and why it's important!
Socks are only for bowling.
Orange juice from concentrate makes you vomit.
Tap water makes you vomit.
You never use an umbrella because you know the rain will be over in five minutes.
A good parking place has nothing to do with distance from the store, but everything to do with shade.
Your winter coat is made of denim.
You can tell the difference between fire ant bites and mosquito bites.
You're younger than thirty but some of your friends are over 65.
You've driven through Yeehaw Junction.
You could swim before you could read.
You have to drive north to get to The South.
You know that no other grocery store can compare to Publix.
Every other house had blue roofs in 2004-2005.
You know that anything under a Category 3 just isn't worth waking up for.
You dread lovebug season.
You are on a first name basis with the Hurricane list : They aren't Hurricane Charley, Hurricane Frances...but Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne.
You know what a snowbird is and you hate them.
You know why flamingos are pink.
You think a six-foot alligator is actually pretty average.
You were 12 before you ever saw snow or you still haven't.
Okay, I got some big laughs out of that, but maybe I have been living in Florida too long! Let's just say I can direclty relate to at least 95% of those comments....
Till next time,
"Yes, I know it's big....but I'm from Texas, so it's okay."
All in all, we had a great time, and Laury and I are still friends and even planning to do this again sometime! Craziness. Oh, and Johnny?
Yeah, we got to see him, too.
And with that happy thought, I'll say,
Till next time,