7.24.2014

Style Your Knits: Lakota Tank

My Lakota Tank is by far and away one of my favorite summer knits. It's comfy, it can be casual or dressy, and it has a sort of effortless sex appeal due to the lacy one shoulder design. When I originally took this out to photograph, I styled it with rolled-up skinny jeans, an updo, and strappy yellow slingbacks. You can see those pics here, but today I wanted to show an option with a little bit more glamour.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lakota-tank

This is now one of my favorite ways to wear this top! The knit maxi skirt is crazy comfortable (and I love the tiny train in back!) and I think choosing a skinny belt in a bright color is a great way to add some flair. Leopard print flats, a feathered headband, and simple jewelry and makeup keep the whole look low-key, and if you're careful to choose season-neutral colors, you can easily extend the wear of this ensemble into fall!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lakota-tank
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lakota-tank

Shown here:

Pattern: Lakota Tank by me!
Yarn: Tahki Yarns Lily (this yarn is discontinued; I recommend Valley Yarns Goshen as a substitute)
Feather Headband: Made by me (similar
Knitting Bag: Marc Jacobs (similar)
Skirt: BCBG Sydnee Maxi (similar)
Belt: Old Navy (similar)
Ram Skull Ring: Thrifted (similar)Shoes: Rocketdog (similar)

Get the knitting pattern here, or click any of the photos.

2 comments:

  1. so pretty with the maxi skirt, I agree! I like it with the green belt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would wear the hell out of this outfit!!! I have a little pink skinny belt that I adore, and I've been searching for just the right maxi skirt for ages :)

    ReplyDelete