1.03.2012

Style Your Knits: Ribbed Vest

I did something outrageous last week: I knitted for myself...from a pattern...using stash yarn! I almost never get to do this any more, as I'm seemingly always knitting for work. Not that I'm complaining about that, mind you; this job is the best I've ever had. However, it does take a toll after awhile, looking at all the latest patterns and my friends' beautiful "I knit this for myself" projects, and knowing I don't have the time to indulge. This year, though, I decided to take off the week between Christmas and the new year, and treat myself to a little selfish knitting. I selected the Ribbed Vest pattern from Sarah Punderson, which is all the rage at my LYS right now. There is this lovely grey sample hanging up in the shop, and it's been all I could do not to shove it in one of my giant handbags and take it home with me. Instead, I bought the pattern and chose some mossy green Mirasol Qina from my stash (I held the yarn doubled) to make my version. I started it on December 30th and finished it last night, and I just couldn't wait to wear it today! Here's how I styled mine:


Ribbed Vest

Ribbed Vest by TheSexyKnitter featuring a project by salwaldo

Pairing a chunky vest on top with skinny jeans on bottom helps to even out the proportions of the overall look. The flowy, high-low button down shirt with a bit of lace also complements the heaviness of the knitwear, and adds a touch of femininity. I finished my look off today with a braid-wrapped side ponytail, a handmade sea turtle brooch purchased from a fair trade shop in Wyoming, a huge silk rose ring from The Petal Collection, and some small brass earrings with a lovely green patina (similar). Hopefully, I'll be able to snag some photos of my outfit soon to post on Ravelry! In the meantime, I give this pattern two thumbs up and highly recommend it as a stylish stash buster!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds pretty! Can't wait to see pics of your finished outfit.

    ReplyDelete